My first post on making ice-cream without an ice cream maker involved using vanilla yogurt to make strawberry ice-cream. Using whole milk, I found that the end product has a consistency that resembles more of an ice cream. Using just 3 simple ingredients, now you can also make chocolate ice cream at home – you can even tailor the sugar to suit your needs making this a pretty healthy dessert!
- 500 ml whole milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup white sugar (use more or less according to your taste)
1. Put the whole milk in a pot and heat it over the stove at medium heat. Let the milk thicken for about 15-20 minutes, making sure to continuously stir it so that the milk does not stick to the bottom of the pot.
2. After 15-20 minutes, when the milk seems to have thickened a bit, pour in the sugar. Let it sit it over the stove for another 5 minutes so that the sugar dissolves properly and does not leave any unnecessary crystals in one part of the pot.
3. Pour this sweetened milk in a container and let it cool to room temperature
4. After it has cooled to room temperature, put in the cocoa powder.
5. Put this mixture in a blender and blend for about a minute. Since it is just liquid, even a weak blender can properly mix this in a minute.
6. Pour the mixture in a container and let it sit in the freezer for a few hours. Serve with chocolate syrup and/or sprinkles!