I just managed to make the simplest dessert ever (no, I’m not even exaggerating!) thanks to the wisdom bestowed upon me by numerous Google searches regarding summer fruit recipes, both fresh and frozen. This ice cream literally needs just 2 ingredients – bananas and chocolate chips, and given a few hours, you can make one of the most hassle-free and healthy desserts ever (and it’s vegan too).
The following recipe yields 2 servings. You should prep for this at least 4-5 hours in advance of when you actually plan to make the ice cream
2 bananas, chopped and frozen
A quarter cup chocolate chips
Chopped almonds, for garnish (optional)
1. Take the chopped bananas and put them in the freezer for 4-5 hours, until they appear to be completely frozen
2. After they have been frozen, put them into a blender or a food processor. (If you are using a blender, you will need one on the stronger side. For those using weaker blenders, you might want to consider adding a few tablespoons of milk to ensure that the bananas don’t stick to the sides of the blender and get mashed easily)
3. Once the bananas have been mashed completely and achieved a mushy consistency, you might want to add chocolate chips. Some other great alternatives would be a few spoonfuls of peanut butter and/or almonds, depending on your taste.
4. Start the blender again until the mixture has been properly mixed. It should still be relatively frozen, but in case you’re making this in an extremely hot climate (like I was), you should probably put it in the freezer for an hour or two before serving.
5. Garnish with more chocolate chips/chopped oreos/chopped almonds and serve!