While I often lament the non-existence of good mangoes in the States, I’m also really appreciative of the delicious berries that flood the market during the summer. I’ve baked with blueberries often in the past, so this time I decided to change things up a bit and bake something with strawberries.
Recipe adapted from Obsessed with Baking
1 1/4 cup flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp butter, melted (I used unsalted butter)
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 cup strawberry yogurt (I used greek yogurt)
1/2 cup milk (I used organic fat-free milk)
1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
1. Preheat oven to 400 F
2. Grease muffin pan
3. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in large bowl.
4. Whisk sugar and eggs together. Slowly whisk in butter, vanilla and oil until combined. Add the yogurt and the milk. Mix all together for about a minute.
5. Using a rubber spatula, fold egg mixture and flour mixture until just moistened (Batter will be very lumpy with few spots of dry flour; do not overmix). Fold in sliced strawberries
6. Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin pan, filling up 3/4th of the muffin cups.
7. Bake until muffin tops are golden and just firm, 17-19 minutes, rotating muffin tin from front to back halfway through baking time. To check if the muffins are done, put a fork inside the muffins, and if it comes out dry, it means the muffins are ready.
8. Cool muffins in muffin tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack and cool 5 minutes before serving.
So how do you like to eat summer berries?