If you’re ever looking for a fast, easy, nutritious, and filling lunch, this one’s for you. It can be easily whipped up in 5-10 minutes and has a burst of flavor with that extra crunch. And a pinch of turmeric adds more color to this dish!
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Half a jalapeno pepper, chopped finely (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- A pinch of parsley
- A pinch of turmeric
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Baked taco shells (though others will also do)
In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, red onion, garlic, tomato, parsley, jalapeno pepper, lemon juice. Add some salt and pepper, to taste.
Serve with some scoop-shaped tacos