Thanks so much to Lindsay of Normal Cooking for nominating me for the Liebster Award. My response is a bit delayed given that the last few weeks have been really hectic at work, but here I am! Besides the fact that it’s nice to know that there are people out there reading our blog, it’s also a nice way of getting to know fellow bloggers and their delicious blogs that we have not yet come across 🙂
Liebster means ‘dearest’ or ‘favorite’ in German, and the rules for accepting the nomination are:
1. Post 11 things about yourself
2. Answer 11 questions the person giving the award has set for you
3. Create 11 questions for the people you are giving the award to
4. Choose 11 people to award, telling them in a post.
So here are the answers to the 11 questions posed by Lindsay!
- Do you have a favorite college football team? Who is it? Nope, having grown up outside America, I pretty much knew nothing about “American football” until 3 and a half years ago when I moved to the States 🙂
- What would you consider to be your greatest achievement? An answer that I prefer not to share on the internet 🙂
- What do you think is the very best dish you’ve ever cooked? (and can I have the recipe? ) Hmm I don’t put up a number of recipes on my website that I just make up while cooking and I feel like sometimes those turn out to be the best ones. I do think that these lemon bars and beignets (Paula Deen’s recipe) turned out really delicious.
- Since today is September 11th, tell me where you were when you heard the news on 9/11/2001? I was at home in New Delhi, glued to my television in the evening after my dad called me up from work to go see what was happening.
- When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? So many things – video game developer, basketball coach, screenplay writer, a reality TV show host! (Actually I still kind of want to be the last one!)
- What did you end up being/doing once you grew up? Given that I’m in graduate school studying Political Science, hopefully I’ll end up being a professor or working at a think tank in DC *fingers crossed*
- What’s the funniest video you’ve seen lately? (and post a link if you have it!) Henri: Paw De Duex!! ahh yes I’m one of those gazillion cat video lovers out there. Though the video of this proposal also tears me up 🙂
- Apple or PC? PC!! I like the flexibility that PCs offer and how they are way cheaper.
- Who is your Hollywood crush? Brad Pitt in the 1990s, especially the late 90s. I really think that was his peak, so I’d like to keep my answer to Brad Pitt 15 years ago 🙂
- What’s the best vacation you’ve ever been on? Cappadocia, Turkey.
- What is one of your biggest pet peeves? Tiny flying things, facebook PDA, empty refrigerators.
And here are the 11 questions for my nominees:
- If you could go live in a foreign country for a year, which one would it be and why?
- What was one food item/vegetable/fruit that you detested as a child and absolutely love now?
- What is your favorite comfort movie/sitcom?
- If you could book to one historical period/decade in time, which one would it be and in what country?
- Are you superstitious?
- What is your favorite reality TV show? Would you ever take part in one?
- Would you rather be great with numbers or great with words?
- What if your favorite book/your favorite author?
- Are you a cat person or a dog person? Or do you think this dichotomy is false?
- What is the best dessert you’ve ever made? And can you share the recipe? 🙂
- Are you a coffee person or a tea person?
Here are the 11 blogs that I nominate for this award!
- A lot on your plate
- Putney Farm
- Lattes and Leggings
- My Healthy ‘Ohana
- Frosting and Filigree
- Playing with Flour
- Love Bake Chocolate
- Mostly Desserts
- Heed the Feed
- Molly Alice Nests
- Snazzy Biscuits