Looking for a quick, delicious and protein-filled breakfast? This is a fun dish to make, which adds a little bit of color to a normally drab egg dish. Serve with tomatoes and other veggies to make a breakfast burger!
- 1 haas avocado
- 4 eggs
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- Cheese, of choice (optional)
- Cut the avocado in half, lengthwise. Remove the seed. Cut an inch thick piece of avocado leaving the whole in tact. If the hole from the seed is smaller than an egg yoke, cut out a little bigger hole to make room for the egg. Keep the extra avocado and fry it when the egg is cooking.
- Heat a small frying pan to medium/high and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place the avocado slice in the pan.
- Crack an egg, leaving the yoke in the middle of the avocado’s hole, while pouring the egg white around the slice of avocado. Allow the egg to cook 2 minutes. If the egg white is not cooking as fast as it should, then sprinkle a little water in the pan and cover and cook. The steam will help cook the whites. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle some cheese and serve!
Love the combination of eggs and avocados? Check this out for some more ideas!