Even though summer has officially come to an end, I still treat myself to my favorite summer drink every morning until it *really* gets too cold. Though I like hot coffee as well, there’s nothing like an iced coffee for me, and the frappé is one of my favorite versions of it. Usually though, frappés are quite heavy, and I like this lighter version. It’s also quick, making it the perfect morning drink! My Greek roommate also swears by it, though he insists on using his frappé-maker instead of my (much-better) Cuisinart hand blender.
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee (my favorite being Nescafe Classico)
- 1.5 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I prefer 1% or 2%)
- Couple of ice cubes
- Blend the instant coffee, sugar and water together until its consistency resembles that of a slight paste.
- Stir milk into this mixture. Finish off with some ice cubes and enjoy!
What fall/winter drinks should I be looking forward to now that I won’t be able to enjoy my frappés for much longer?