I’m not a huge fan of fudge because most of the time it’s too sweet for me. But a week ago, I absolutely got hooked to this peanut butter fudge that someone had brought to a party. Fortunately, she shared the recipe with me, and of course I had to try it out. Verdict: tastes much better with smooth peanut butter than the one with chunks in it.
Recipe Courtesy: Lucy Martin
- 2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 stick butter
- 2 teaspoons salt (or less if you wish, I just don’t like my fudge being too sweet)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup peanut butter
1. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
2. Stir in milk, both sugars, and salt to taste. Heat gently until all sugar has dissolved
3. Once everything’s nice and smooth, bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes, stirring frequently (it is best to keep stirring so that the sugar doesn’t get stuck to the pan). Remove from heat.
4. Whisk in peanut butter and vanilla and quickly pour into an 8×8 inch dish. Chill until firm and cut into squares.